This is the back-up webpage for Pivotal Education. If you are viewing this page it means that our main website is experiencing problems or is currently down for maintenance. Please note that the company is still running as normal and if you have any enquiries please do call us on 020 70001735 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have stumbled on this page by mistake, please do view our main website at www.PivotalEducation.com
Welcome to Pivotal Education!
When schools and colleges need help, they come to us. We're a team of the UK's leading teacher trainers with a worldwide reputation for transforming classroom behaviour and achieving outstanding teaching.
Having worked with hundreds of schools spanning 15 countries, we're widely regarded as an educational thought-leader. That's why when you book Pivotal, you don't get the 'same old' material; you get insightful training with fresh strategies that achieve lasting results.
Whether you're in need of major change or just a little direction, we've got it covered. Some schools require intensive culture change, some need whole staff training or one-on-one coaching, whilst others immerse themselves in our online courses. Whatever your needs, we've got the resource and expertise to help you.
Pivotal Education Training
Pivotal Education provides training in the following areas. All of these topics can be delivered as a one-day course, but shorter courses (half days and twilights) can also be designed.
Pivotal training is active, practical and utterly tailored to your objectives, your timings, your setting and your staff. It is essential that the trainer models outstanding teaching and you need to know that the training you are booking is of the highest quality. Look here to see testimonials from schools and colleges.
The Booking Process:
• You and Ellie can have a chat about your objectives and what the trigger is for organising training. We can do this by phone or email.
• We look for a date for training and I check availability.
• We send you the letter of contract and you sign and return to us to confirm the booking in our training diary.
• The trainer will get in touch with you to discuss in detail. The trainer may ask about policy and procedure, previous training that the cohort has had and specifics of training needs and objectives.
• The trainer will design a training programme to suit your needs and share the draft agenda with you.
• When the draft agenda is agreed, the trainer will continue to prepare resources and activities for the day.
• You will have regular contact from Sandra in the Pivotal office regarding admin and logistics.
• The training takes place.
An overview of courses we offer
Mindset and Culture
• Consistency in practice
• The importance of culture over strategy
• Establishing the ‘This is how we do it here’.
• The single sheet behaviour policy
Classroom Behaviour Management
• Managing your own behaviour
• Rules and routines
• Praise and reward
• Low level disruption
Advanced Behaviour Management
• Developing positive working relationships
• Working with the 'hard to reach'
• Managing confrontation
• De-escalation strategies
• Secondary and more extreme behaviour
Working with the Angry Child
• Our understanding of anger
• The psychological brain
• Recognising triggers
• The assault cycle and coping strategies
• Whole school perspectives on anger
Managing Learners with Specific Behaviour Needs
• ASD and its impact on behaviour
• ADHD and its impact on behaviour
• The challenges of the school environment
• Practical strategies for dealing with learners with behaviour needs
• Curriculum planning and accessibility
• What is restorative justice and how can it work in schools and colleges?
• Restorative attitude: Why punishment doesn't work
• Restorative responses: Listening, language and scripts
• Restorative conferences: How they work and when they are used
• Restorative cultures: Key players and creating practical action plans
Teaching in the Spotlight *
• An outstanding first five minutes
• Refining the teaching performance
• Neutral, influence and the nuances of excellent performance
• Taking risks in the classroom
• An open, engaging and active style
Teaching in the Shadows *
• Learned helplessness
• Self assessment and rigorous self-reflection
• Peer learning conversations
• Autonomous self-instructing groups
• Curiosity, engagement and risk-taking
• The role of the teacher in a student-led classroom
*A one day course called ‘Outstanding Teaching’ would be a combination of these two courses – ‘Teaching in the Spotlight’ and ‘Teaching in the Shadows’.
• Surface to deep: engaging students and leading them to deeper learning
• Meaningful reinforcement and its impact on reluctant learners
• The impact of teacher expectations on motivation
• Good practice – models of motivation
• Fine tuning practical strategies
Assessment for Learning
• Setting the climate for successful collaborative assessment
• Practical approaches to outstanding classroom assessment
• Autonomous self-instructing groups
• Curiosity, engagement and making assessment irresistible
• Taking outstanding risks
• OFSTED, the new framework and the myths surrounding formative assessment
Differentiation and Personalised Learning
• How people really learn and think
• Practical strategies for differentiation
• Defining, coding and integrating differentiation into schemes and plans
• Developing differentiated learning conversations
• Groups, tasks and questions
In addition to Behaviour Management and Outstanding Teaching Training we also deliver the following:
• Safeguarding Level 1 (2hrs to half day)
• Safeguarding Level 2 (full day needed)
• Safeguarding Level 3 (full day needed – delegates must be Level 2 trained)
• Active Maths for Primary Teachers
• Active Maths and English for Functional Skills teachers (FE)
• Speaking and Listening
• Equality and Diversity Training
• Outstanding Middle Management
• Outstanding Subject Leadership
• Coaching and Mentoring
Pivotal Education Open Courses
The list below shows courses that are currently available to book onto:
- "How to Write an Outstanding Behaviour Policy" with Paul Dix - London - 17th June.
- "Level 3 Safeguarding" - London 15th July. More information.
Pivotal Education Online Courses
We have several online courses in behaviour management and safeguarding.
- Taking Care of Behaviour (schools and colleges)
- Taking Care of Behaviour (early years)
- Managing Extreme Behaviour
- Level 2 Safeguarding (schools)
- Level 2 Safeguarding (colleges)
Pivotal Curriculum for Behaviour and Safety
- What will the Pivotal Curriculum achieve?
- Every adult dramatically up skilled in behaviour and safety
- A seismic shift in culture and consistency
- Your staff trained as Licensed Pivotal Instructors
- Blended training that is impact assessed
Contact Pivotal Education
If you need to get in touch with us, please email us at email@example.com stating your enquiry details or call us on 020 70001735.